Friday, April 3, 2015

Stardust


Stardust by Qinni on DeviantArt (also on Tumblr)

Something about this drawing just captures me completely.  I love it.  Looking at it reminds me of how much I enjoy art and that I really should get back to doing it myself.  I've been in a bit of an artist block the past couple years.  I've drawn something now and then...sculpted some clay...but it is so infrequent.

I must admit I have allowed myself to fall into that mindless work, eat, and sleep pattern.  I'm just going through the motions of each day and putting creativity to the side. Working with the Sacred Rebels Oracle the past month has really brought that realization to light.  I need to start drawing again.  Now that I have a small break from my usual routine I should definitely make time for art.


2 comments:

  1. I know how hard it can be to overcome an artist block. It seems like you have to do it, time and again, but it is always so worth the effort. Maybe you can start small; just a few sketches to take the pressure of. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Perhaps beginning with doodles or sketches is a good idea. It would also help me to find something that really inspires me and use it as a starting point.

      Delete